Redwood City Attorney Oliver R. Gutierrez

The lawyer you hire for legal counsel in your divorce, family law or litigation matter will make a difference. Make sure your attorney has the education, experience and reputation that will give you the advantage you need at the negotiating table and in court.

Contact The Firm

Attorney For Modifying Your Divorce Judgment

If you are unable to meet the terms and conditions of your divorce or court judgment regarding parenting time, child support or spousal support, the worst thing you can do is to try to make arrangements on your own. In the event of a problem in the future, the court will not accept the terms of an informal agreement. You may be held in contempt of court.

Experienced Lawyer For Post-Divorce Modifications

If your original divorce or paternity judgment was handed down by a court in San Mateo County or another surrounding county in the San Francisco Bay Area, call me, attorney Oliver Gutierrez about petitioning the court for a modification. Judges understand that circumstances change and people may not be able to keep up with child support or spousal support. Likewise, custodial parents may need to relocate to a community beyond the distance allowed by their custody agreement. I can help you negotiate an agreement that will be acceptable to your ex-spouse and the courts.

The courts will consider modifications for:

  • Child support
  • Spousal support
  • Parenting schedules
  • Move-away, parental relocations

Property settlements may be modified only in the event one party fails to meet the terms of the original judgment within the stated amount of time.

Call Me. Let’s Talk About The Post-Judgment Modification You Need.

Call my office in Redwood City, California, at 650-363-7295 or send an email with a brief description of your need for changing your judgment. I offer a 30-minute initial consultation. Se Habla Español.